So 2005 is almost over. One more day. My head hurts just thinking about it. Seems like ’05 just began & now it’s over. I kinda hate this time of year because I always end up looking back over the year to see what I’ve accomplished. I remember that last year I had set a resolution to try to get my life & home more organized in 2005. I did kinda okay with it this year. However, it seemed like for every 2 steps forward, there was one step back.
This was a hard year in terms of parenting, too. Finding out about Steven’s Asperger’s and working into the school thing was one of the highlights. After reading through my posts from the beginning of last year, I’m amazed at how far he’s come. I’m so incredibly glad we discovered the problem (thanks again, lezopez) and he’s received the help he needs. I have to say, I’m hopeful to see what 2006 will bring. I’m hoping to get further on my organization skills.
Just for a change of pace, here’s a Friday meme from Friday Fiver.
1. How will you be ringing in the New Year? Quietly. I hope. I think hubby & I will just watch DVDs & have some sparkling grape juice and go to bed before 12.
2. How do you wish you were ringing in the New Year? I can’t think of anything I’d rather be doing. I’m just too tired to do anything social.
3. Do you have any traditions that you observe on New Year’s Day intended to bring you luck for the upcoming year? Nope. I don’t believe in luck.
4. Do you make resolutions? Do you keep them? I usually do every year. Losing weight, quitting smoking, getting organized, etc. I’m probably successful 1/3 of the time.
5. Would you ever have plastic surgery? I hate to say yes, but I actually would consider having a breast lift or some sort of surgery to remove my belly. Stretch marks, excess skin, y’know. All the fabulouso stuff that comes with having babies & no fitness level.Tweet