1. In the year I was born both MLK & RFK were assassinated.
2. I’m a pretty good singer.
3. I have 3 kids.
4. Maggie was my first child, but not my first pregnancy.
5. I had another miscarriage between Maggie & Steven.
6. When I was about 12 weeks pregnant with Henry, they couldn’t find him in the u/s. The dr decided to wait before giving me a D&C. A week later, there he was.
7. I have 2 brothers.
8. My older brother just turned 42.
9. My younger brother turned 27 this year.
10. He’s so much younger because he’s my half-brother.
11. But he’s more like full blood.
12. My dad left when I was 4.
13. My mom worked 3 jobs to raise us all by herself.
14. She married my stepdad when I was 11.
15. My stepdad? ROCKS.
16. I got stitches in my knee when I was 9 or 10.
17. My ragged metal bike fender got jammed into my knee.
18. My brother did it.
19. We had 2 dogs – Sneaker and Shugy.
20. Shugy was dumped on us by a friend of my mom.
21. Shugy was senile & would pee in the corner & sit in it.
22. Subsequentally, she smelled BAD.
23. Sneaker rocked.
24. She was a black lab/collie mix.
25. Her tail was like a whip & hurt like the blazes when it hit you.
26. I & this other kid started in the gifted program in our school system.
27. He ended up valedictorian of our class.
28. I didn’t.
29. My first play was Sleeping Beauty.
30. I played Maleficent.
31. I was in fifth grade.
32. My mom made Maleficent’s headpiece out of the legs of one of my dolls.
33. I was a cheerleader in 7th grade.
34. I quit in 8th grade because I was starting to sing & the cheering was wrecking my voice.
35. I made a compromise by being a pom-pom girl in high school.
36. Only for sophomore year.
37. I was in every play in high school except for one.
38. I had to sit that one out because my grades had slipped.
39. I began singing lessons in 7th grade.
40. I took them for 14 years.
41. I was “Miss Modern Chemistry” my junior year.
42. Because I could name the most elements on the periodic chart.
43. I was MORTIFIED.
44. I went to Millikin University out of high school.
45. Majored in musical theatre.
46. Became a Zeta Tau Alpha
47. Was selected for one of the top swing choirs in the nation.
48. Discovered happy hour & frat parties.
49. Became a Dead Head & totally dug The Cure & Cat Stevens
50. I got lost at Disney World in the 5th grade
51. I was dizzy getting off the teacups.
52. I went on several other rides by myself before walking back to the Contemporary Resort.
53. I had to drop out of Millikin.
54. Immediately after that I spent 30 days in rehab.
55. My hometown has a really cool Opera House & a couple of community theatre groups.
56. I did a bunch of shows with them after my stint in rehab.
57. I’ve been sober since 1988.
58. I got sober before I was legal.
59. I’m allergic to shrimp.
60. I discovered that on my honeymoon.
61. My husband & I started dating when we did “Little Shop of Horrors” together.
62. My mom was concerned because he played Mr. Mushnick & she thought he was like 45 years old & I was only 22.
63. She was wrong.
64. He proposed to me on that same stage after a performance of “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum” which he directed.
65. Because of that, our engagement photos have scantily-clad women in the background.
66. I was run over by a homecoming float my freshman year of high school.
67. On the 50 yard line during half-time.
68. I love photography.
69. I had my two sons at home with no anesthesia.
70. It was AWESOME, relaxing & easier.
71. Maggie was born on Christmas Eve.
72. While I was in labor, we listened to my younger brother’s choir singing Christmas songs on a Chicago radio station.
73. My husband called in to say “hey” and tell him Maggie was on her way.
74. Henry’s labor took 4 hours from start to finish.
75. He came so fast, the doctor didn’t have time to get here, so the midwife delivered him. Just barely.
76. I pushed 3 times & he was out.
77. He was born in caul.
78. He was 2 weeks old before we found out he has Down Syndrome.
79. If I had a list like on Friends, mine would be: 1. Jason Isaacs 2. Alan Rickman 3. Hugh Laurie 4. Christopher Meloni 5. Colin Firth
80. British villains are a weakness of mine.
81. In fact, a good British accent alone slays me.
82. I love gummy bears.
83. I don’t think I could live without Chicago-style pizza & Italian beef sandwiches.
84. I don’t like to cook.
85. I hate ironing.
86. I love scrapbooking.
87. I love the Harry Potter series.
88. We had a chocolate lab, Zeus, that we adopted in 2003.
89. He was a HUGE dog.
90. Unfortunately, he got abdominal cancer & we had to put him to sleep.
91. I want another dog.
92. I’m addicted to Diet Coke with Lime.
93. I could eat Portillo’s chopped salads every day.
94. My favorite scent is Midwinter’s Eve from BPAL.
95. I can do a mean impression of Tim Curry.
96. I have trichtillomania. I only pull my eyebrows & lashes, though. Not the hair on my head.
97. I have a nearly 3 octave singing range.
98. I am a conservative Republican.
99. I am an evangelical Christian.
100. We can be fun people, too!Tweet